Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 1 wrap up

To my surprise, week 1 went smoother than I had imagined.  The key contributor to that is the requirement to submit a patch for my application to GSOC.  Submitting the patch forced me to learn some of the statsmodels conventions as well as some new tricks in Python.  Without having that foundation, my progress would have been much slower.

In week one I laid the foundation for EL by creating an class to initialize El statistics, a class of helper functions that are either optimized or searched for a root and the class of EL functions the end user would see.  Although the only end-user implementation has been hypothesis tests and confidence intervals for the mean, the class of helper functions will be able to be reused later and make further progress even faster. 

For this week, I hope to implement hypothesis tests and confidence intervals for variance and covariance as well as hypothesis tests for the multivariate case.  Although not in my original plan, if there is time I would like to add some 2d confidence region plots.

On another note, I have officially made this my official GSOC theme song

No comments:

Post a Comment